Small engine test bench
Manufacturers of small engines, including gasoline engines, two-stroke engines and single-cylinder engines, are committed to make the inexpensive and efficient engines with low environmental pollution. The reality is that engine sales are highly competitive, the price of gasoline or other fuels is relatively high, and new engine emissions regulations have been continuously introduced.
In order to maintain the engine competitiveness, engine improvement is very important and engine testing is equally important. The success keys are finding out the potential of engine problem, verifying the improvement and further optimizing the engine. The small engine test bench for engine performance test is a device that measures engine performance including power, speed, and generated torque.
The small engine test stand for engine performance test simulates workload or engine operating conditions through load test. During the load test, the test bench monitors various engine outputs including output torque, power, emissions, build-up heat etc. Testing can include different levels of workload such as city driving or highway driving.
Small engine test bench for endurance test
The small engine test bench for endurance test for two stroke, single cylinder, small gasoline engine shall comply with the standard of GBT 18297-2001 Performance test code for road vehicle engines, which shall complete the basic experimental items as specified in the experiment of engine power, load characteristics and universal characteristics.
- The engine torque error is less than ±4% FS of the tested engine maximum torque
- The engine speed error ±1 rpm
- The engine fuel consumption error is less than ±4% FS
- The temperature, pressure and other parameter measurement accuracy shall not be less than GBT 19233-2008 Measurement method of fuel consumption for light-duty vehicle standard requirements
- Easy installation and commissioning, the load system should be mature and reliable and easy to load.
- The standard engine control software supports data processing and output as forms, curves, etc.
- Standard CAN network is used between test bench and computer. The test stand can work independently from computer
Test environment for small engine test bench
- Power supply (3 phase, 380V, 50Hz)
- Instrument power supply (single phase, 220V, 50Hz)
- Ambient temperature (0-50°C)
- Ambient humidity (≤95%)
Small engine test bench parameters list (GW16 eddy current dynamometer as reference)
- Speed (0-9999rpm, ±1 rpm)
- Torque (0-70 Nm, ±3%)
- Fuel consumption (0-5Kg per h, ±3%)
- Measured power (0-16 kW)
- Revised power (0-160 kW)
- Fuel consumption rate (0-9999g.Kw per h)
- Revised fuel consumption rate (0-9999g.Kw per h, calculated)
- Air intake temperature (0-200°C, 0.5%, PT100)
- Air intake pressure (-100 ~ 0kPa, 0.5%, pressure transmitter)
- Exhaust temperature (0-1000°C, 0.5%, K thermocouple)
- Spark plug temperature (0-1000°C, 0.5%, K thermocouple)
- Exhaust pressure (-50 ~ 50KPa, pressure transmitter)
- Ambient temperature (0-50°C, 4-20 mA sensor)
- Ambient humidity (0-100%, 4-20mA sensor)
- Atmospheric pressure (80-120kPa, pressure transmitter)
Small engine test bench for engine performance test
Purpose of performance test bench
Small engine test bench for performance test includes the AC dynamometer and automatic measurement and control system. Test bench is mainly used for vehicle engine product research and development process. Both transient test and steady-state test can be taken.
Performance test items
- Engine full load, partial load and steady-state, transient performance test
- Engine combustion analysis test
- Catalytic efficiency test for engine catalytic converters
- Engine emissions test
- User-defined development test and customized work conditions
- Integration with third party equipment like direct sampling and analysis equipment, AVL415, AVL439, air flow meter, transient fuel consumption meter, etc.
Parameter selection and curve download
Application description download